XP Pro service pack 3.

vernon1

Hi all, has anybody had any problems with RS Linx ver 2.54.00.11 after upgrading XP Pro from SP2 to SP3.

Kindest regards for any shared experiences.

I have read were there is an issue with the PIC driver and SP3, there may be others as well.
I believe that SP3 is not supported when using RsLinx Classic.

From AB knowledgebase:
Only RSLogix 5000 v17.00 software is supported Windows XP with SP3 (per it's release notes and only offline since RSLinx Classic is not supported).

Last edited:
I ran into PCMK card issues when using DH+. I think it's the pcmcia driver that has problems in general.

I wiped my computer and went back to SP2.

I have read were there is an issue with the PIC driver and SP3, there may be others as well.
I believe that SP3 is not supported when using RsLinx Classic.

From AB knowledgebase:
Only RSLogix 5000 v17.00 software is supported Windows XP with SP3 (per it's release notes and only offline since RSLinx Classic is not supported).

There is an issue with making the PIC driver under XP SP3, but there is a workaround. See my response here: http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=43347
The details of the workaround can be found here: http://forums.rockwellautomation.com/rockwell/board/message?board.id=Activations&message.id=114

Hi all, thanks for your comments/answers.

Does the new Rockwell USB-DH485 Converter work on SP3 ?
Anybody had problems with any other RS Linx drivers on SP3 ?

do not upgrade to SP3 if you are using any AB product.
AB had a list of issues with their software that they wanted microsoft to correct in sp3. microsoft put out sp3 without addressing these issues and corrected them in vista, which i do not use.

i got this info from tech support, local oem's, and local ab rep.

regards,
james

I have used SP3 with RSLinx 2.54 using serial, ethernet, ethernet/ip, and the U2DHP without issues. Cannot speak to the other hardware mentioned previously.

OG

Hi Shaun,

As others have already suggested, a lot of the issues come from upgrading from SP2 to SP3. I know when i did that a few months ago it wrecked my studio ME installation and (after some very long tech support calls!) my only solution was to re-install XP.
I've just got another Dell preloaded with SP3 and (so far) all my AB stuff seems to run smoothly...

What are the problems you are having? Is it the online edits issue (where you need to adjust the CIP options), or is it something else?

Rob

Hi Rob, managed to get PIC driver functioning ok by following work round in previous answer.

DF1,Serial/Ethernet/Ethernet IP drivers configured ok and working.
Just got problems with my 1784-PCMK card for DH+.Goes straigt into error in Linx. No error messages.