Managing Tech Support cases

plc noob

Does anyone use or know of a free or lowcost solution for managing tech support cases.

We use tech support quite alot.Primarily AB and they give you a case number.We typically try to manage this in a word file and keep the status updated.But with multiple people using the sheet and many cases it gets cumbersome to manage and keep up to date

Anyone have a better idea?

Its not that hard really. Probably wouldnt take much more than a couple of hours to setup and start entering data. No time like the present, plus, you can't beat the cost!

I dont know if this will help or not and not even sure if the book I have is current. But anyway when I started doing my first and so far only SCADA system one of the things I invested in is a DUMMIES GUIDE TO SQL. It is quite helpful. But more to the point in the version of the book I have, which by the way I purchased off of ebay, there is a simple section on doing a DB for orders. And with a little modification to the field names I am sure it would probably work for keeping track of you case numbers. I would highly recommend the book and if the one you get does not have the section in it about this let me know and I will check to make sure it does not constitute any violations and then I will if possible post the sample given in the book.

I was primarily looking for something turn key because i have never done any DB work.But this may be a good time to give it a try

Since we don't have any inkling of how your company is set up, or what is available to you, all I can offer is what we use.

I use a Sharepoint site to keep this type of data - available to everyone with access, and can be managed between users.