Intouch 7.1 Issues

William E

I am having a issue getting our NT server converted over to a new PC.

This was a application that was written out of house over 8 years ago. My boss and I have little experience with Wonderware, and he basically dumped this in my lap and said happy birthday. So any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

What I am needing to do is build a new server with either XP Pro SP3 or WIN 2000 SP4 installed on it. We are trying to get this last old pc running NT off our network.

I have a good license and our original copy of Factory Suite 2000 and I have had success building a server on WIN 2000. We get communication to the server. The application has the ability to switch between 2 servers, but when switched to the new WIN 2000 server and we shut down the old NT server we stop communicating on the Wonderware viewer and the client side will crash. I do get good data and we are communicating with the new server, but something else within the application is talking to the old server.

All the PLCs we are using are PLC5/40s and one PLC5/80. We are using Allen Bradley Ethernet Direct for our I/O server.

Any ideas on where to chase this would be great. If there is any extra info you need please feel free to ask.

Thanks