FTAE alarms grouping

ttichy

I don't know how about you, but the new (kind of) ALMD/ALMA instructions coupled with a FT View SE seem like a little miracle. I mean.. you make a fault in the PLC, put in a description and voila! It shows up the the HMI Alarm summary.

However, I have not been able to find a way to easily "group" them. I.e... suppose I make a DINT called FLT_BDC_CLUTCH_OUT. Then I can use bits 0-31 for my individual faults. Then to test for one of these faults, all I have to do is compare the FLT_BDC_CLUTCH_OUT to zero. No need for 31 XIC branches.

I wonder if there is a way to logically group the FTAE alarms into "classes". And I don't mean the display in the HMI computer!! :)

Thanks,
tom

Similar Topics

Hey Gents & Ladies. I have another question about FactoryTalk Alarms and Events Server. On the dialog box when creating a tag based alarm, there...
Replies
Views
Hi Experts, Is it possible to read/write Factory Talk Alarms extended Properties/Attributes like Alarm.High/Low status on FTView SE graphics. What...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I'm having no luck with some development I've just started. I'm deploying a new roll-out of a factory Talk View Distributed system...
Replies
Views
Hi..big issue :) In an application FTV SE V7:00, Windows 7 32 bit, I cannot create the FTAE history on wizard Alarm and Event Historian Database...
Replies
Views
hello guys, i have some problem here, i hope you can help me. i already built a system with FTAE as alarm system but everytime i using...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom