Powerflex 4 Questions

sparkez

How can I use 208 single phase input to achieve 3phase out put? The current setup is a 3ph VFD being fed for a 1/2 hp with a 3phase output to the motor. The VFD stops after about 10 minutes due to an F3 Undervolt fault. What about using the Derate function in the advanced settings?
Thank You

As far as I know, the Powerflex 4 does not have any method of adjustment of the bus voltage tolerance.

You need a different drive, or a higher input voltage.

Paul

208VAC in single phase might be a little bit low, especially if the line ever sags at all.

The first thing I'd try would be to put a transformer inline ahead of the drive to bring the line voltage up to 240 nominal or so. That should be a fairly inexpensive thing to try. A 0.75 or 1 KVA transformer should be enough, and there are many suppliers that have them with multi-taps for the input.

The problem here is that a drive rated for a given hp with three phase input has to be derated 50% when the input is single-phased.

You would need to have a 1hp drive to fully operate a 1/2hp motor.

DickDV is dead-on; you will either need a 1 H.P. drive de-rated 50% or you can go with a single-phase input PowerFlex4 sized for 1/2 H.P. 22A-A2P3N104 it is listed as a 240V 1-phase input drive, but the specs list it for 200-240V.