MSG Instruction

Benjamin

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a project, where I have to make communication between a 1756-DNB scanner (scanner device net Rockwell) and 2 Siemens screen each connected to one flow meter. I mapped the 2 screen with RSNetwork everything works fine.

After I have to make an MSG instruction to get error value on screen and here I got some trouble.

I attach some screen to show you what I made.

The node 3 isn't in my project. It gives an error but it was implemented after I made some test and I have same results before and after it was implemented.

List of material:

PLC: L55 revision 16
1756-DNB revision 6.2
Screen: MASS6000 with device net interface

If you need more information ask me.

Thanks you for any answer !!! Thats 2 weeks i'm locked on this parameter .

PS: Sorry if my English isn't perfect it wasn't my native language.

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG

Attachments

• RSI_EDS_MASS6000 DeviceNet Interface Rev 3.1.txt
    40.3 KB · Views: 15
Bonjour, Benjamin. Welcome to the Forum.

The screenshots you posted indicate that your programming is correct but that the device is not responding correctly to the DeviceNet messages.

In particular, a device should always respond to a request to read the Identity Object (1/1/1) !

To determine if this is a problem with the ControlLogix/1756-DNB or with the Siemens device, you will need to test messaging with some other DeviceNet node that is known to work correctly.

Do you have any other DeviceNet products available ? Any device built by Allen-Bradley would be ideal.

Do you have access to a DeviceNet protocol analyzer or access to a 1784-PCD card ?

Thanks for your interest.

I use MSG to get the error in the screen that occurs on the flow meter with class 69.

I use MSG with class 01 to be sure than my error won't come from an error in my class code error. Because I read somewhere on the forum that in class 01 instance 01 attribute 01 there are always something.

I know only this instruction to do what I want.

That’s answer to your question?

Sorry if I'm mistaked

Edit : To answer to
Ken Roach

I'm sur its won't come from 1756-DNB cause when i test the same class code on RS-network with Class instance editor. I get the same error code I can see on the parameter table (when i double click on my screen in RS-Networks).

And one more thing : The data i want to receive with polled output/input are working well.

With that i can be sure the scanner communicate with over device on the devicenet ?

If i can't be sure i'll try to find another devicenet device or protocol analyser or 1784-PCD.

Thanks for your answers

Last edited:
HI,

I made test with a flex I/O from allen bradley (1794-ADN), everything working well. I can read and write on this device. But it still have a problem with massflo6000. I haven't DeviceNet protocol analyzer or a 1784-PCD card

I'm blocked in my project for 3 weeeks yow.

I need your help.

Thanks you for any reply