GE Versapro ?

jcraft

We have a Versapro 1.5 program for our machine with a 90-30 rack. I went on line and there is a rung with an on delay timer that has a setpoint of 75. I double clicked this value and changed to 50. It then asked me if I wanted to make the word for word changes, which I said yes. The value for the SP showed 50 however, when the timer ran it still went up to the 75 value before it turned it's output on. Was wondering what went wrong. I tried several other values and it always went to the 75. Thanks

Is the timebase for the timer hundredths (TMR_HUNDS)? There isn't much of a discernable difference between 50 hundredths (0.5 seconds) and 75 hundredths (0.75 seconds).

If the timebase is tenths, check to make sure that none of the three %R registers assigned to the timer aren't being written to somewhere else in the program. If the timer shows an address of %R101, it also uses %R102 and %R103.

The timer is in tenths and the address on the timer is %R01011. The SP showed 75 so that is where I double clicked on it and changed it to 50. The SP value stayed on 50 but everytime the timer was active it timed to 75 before the output came on. Strange

The timer keeps the accumulated value in %R1011. It keeps a copy of the preset value in %R1012 and also uses %R1013 as a control word. Search your program to make sure those registers aren't being used anywhere else.

Are you sure you sent the value of 50 to the PLC? Did VP show "Logic Equal" in the lower right hand corner of the screen after you tried to change the preset?

Try changing the program to use %R1012 as the timer preset and then write a value to it. When you do it that way, you don't get the prompt about making an online change when you change the preset.

I'll try looking into this tomorrow. I do know that it showed the new value at the PV and the logic was also equal after I did the change