Pep vm30

opto81

Hello,
We are trying to extend the life of our existing VME system, which has PEP modular computers VM30 CPU Part# 544-001 (VM 30 – CPU for VME bus, 68EC030 25 MHZ CPU, 256K SRAM), which is no longer available as per Kontron AG (owner of PEP). Can you please source any used / inventory VM 30 modules.

Thanks
Jeremy

Ouch ! I have seen the PEP once before, and then that user dropped it for a regular PLC. I think it was more because of declining user base than because of any dissatisfaction with it.
I think you chances of finding some spare PEP CPUs are very slim indeed.

As far as I remember, it could be programmed in the IEC languages and also in C.
If you have access to the source code, you can see what language it has been programmed in, and start planning for the inevitable exchange.
The only PLC I know of that supports both IEC and C languages is B&R.
If only IEC has been used, you have many more options.