RSView Studio ME V4.00 Current Logged In User

kiwi sparky

Is it possible to read the current logged in user from a Panelview Plus, like you do with global connections and display numbers etc. I have tried global connection macros without sucsess. I am currently inhibiting screen navigation using security codes, but would like to inhibit some of my machine functions that are not controlled by PanelView depending on what security level was currently logged in

I use this method also for visibillities / screen navigation. I am looking to get this info back to PLC somehow for usage elsewhere in PLC code.

Hi Sparky from NZ,

I set up a macro within studio which writes the current logged in user to the PLC (via a STRING file)....

Hope this helps!

Rob

Studio_Macro1.jpg

That looks like what he was after, when do you trigger the macro?

I'm thinking that you could even just use the user's security code as well, make it a bit easier to manage in PLC??

That is what I am looking for thanks. How is Macro Triggered? Or does it just poll the PLC. I will use current security code if possible. Like Scott Murphy says, easier to compare with a known set of strings (a,b,c etc) than a list of opperators names.

It should poll the PLC as you stated. Just check what 'System Tags' are available, from memory there aren't that many...

Regards,

Rob

I have got it working. Thanks for everybodys help with. I created the macro:

if CurrentUserHasCode(a) then 1 Else if CurrentUserHasCode(b) then 2 Else if CurrentUserHasCode(c) then 3 else 99

this writes a value to a DINT tag in my PLC depending on current user code. The macro is called when a user logs in or out(in user accounts setup)

I tried to just write CurrentUserHasCode()to a string tag like Kidblue had, but got syntax errors telling me I had to have a letter between the brackets.