CLX Daylight Savings

scottmurphy

Does anyone know what dates the automatic update of Daylight Savings time in the 1756 CPU's has been modified to suit the changes that were made here in NZ?

If not, I can easily add some code in do accomodate this, but the problem I have, is I do not know when it is a Sunday, or at least I cannot work out how I establish this?

Can anyone shed some light, please?

Does anyone know what dates the automatic update of Daylight Savings time in the 1756 CPU's has been modified to suit the changes that were made here in NZ?

If not, I can easily add some code in do accomodate this, but the problem I have, is I do not know when it is a Sunday, or at least I cannot work out how I establish this?

Can anyone shed some light, please?

That's funny.

Not sure if the link below applies to your upside down clock but forth a read anyway.

http://rockwellautomation.custhelp....HggRGF5bGlnaHQgU2F2aW5ncw**&p_li=&p_topview=1

Last edited:
Cheers Mickey,

That helped. I was wrong in assuming that is the checkbox was ticked, then the DST is done automatically. From that link, I can set the conditions when DST is active/inactive in this part of the world..

I don't know if you are asking this for a facility, or if you are an OEM.

Here at our facility, I have a little general purpose computer sitting in the server room, it just runs the Logix5000 Clock Update tool on a schedule. Mainly, I use it to keep the PLC's in sync with our network time, but it's simple, automatic, and keeps all the PLC's in decent sync.

I don't know if you are asking this for a facility, or if you are an OEM.

Here at our facility, I have a little general purpose computer sitting in the server room, it just runs the Logix5000 Clock Update tool on a schedule. Mainly, I use it to keep the PLC's in sync with our network time, but it's simple, automatic, and keeps all the PLC's in decent sync.

I have just done the same thing a couple of months ago. It has worked well so far...Good solution for the problem.

Greg

I am asking this for a Processing plant. There is no PC's on the network that have RS5K installed, so this is not an option really.

There is a PV+, but this does not have direct access to the internet.

I am asking this for a Processing plant. There is no PC's on the network that have RS5K installed, so this is not an option really.

There is a PV+, but this does not have direct access to the internet.

You don't need Logix5000 installed. The Clock Update tool is downloadable from Rockwell for free, and is a stand-alone application.

You will have to use the GSV instruction to get the year, date, time etc.... Then set up logic to change the time using the SSV instruction. PLC's do not have "built in" daylight savings time shifts. I've never done it for the CLX series, but have done it for the SLC line of processors.

Thanks for all your replies, got it working with the SSV instruction and ApplyDST attribute, no problems at all.

For the Day of Week, there is some example code/add-on instructions included with RS5k, installed that and managed to acheive what I wanted to no probs.

If your system uses 1756-EN2T there is a new way to set PLC clocks called CIP SYNC that will allow sub-microsecond accuracy.
Accuracy can be even higher if special swithches are used.

This feature is available now in EN2T/EN2F firmware ver 2.x via CIP messaging and next RSlogix5000 revision should have nice GUI to set this up.
You can look at the Knoledgebase and Sample Code site for more details.