FactoryTalkView-SE Activex Problem

Hello All,

We are using FactoryTalkView-SE Ver-5.0 CPR9.
We need to use Microsoft FlexGrid Control ActiveX.
It is available in Objects > ActiveX dropdown. But when used on graphics it gives an error Activation was not found". It seems that this object works if VB6.0 is installed on the PC. But the customer donot want me to install VB on his PC.

Another Activex I found was VideoSoft FlexGrid Control available when I installed FactoryTalk Transaction Manager CD that comes with FTView-Studio package. This object is ok with me. But the problem is that during run time the ScrollBar for this object doesnot work. I did check all the properties and enabled ScrollBar property. Even from VBA script I did enable the ScrollBar property. But didnot work.

Have you guys faced this problem anytime?
Any suggestions / solutions? Are there any patches to be installed?

Your suggestions are highly appreciated!!

Regards,
Pramod

I found this on the A-B knowledgebase.

Many third party (like Microsoft) ActiveX controls may only be available through a development environment such as Visual Studio or Office Developer. One example is the Microsoft FlexGrid Control 6.0. The control that appears in Studio is only for runtime applications and cannot be used in the Rockwell development environment, nor will it work in a Microsoft Office application.
If possible, when this error is encountered attempt to place the ActiveX into an Office application. If the same error appears, then the control cannot be used in the RSView or FactoryTalk View applications.

Mark is correct. ActiveX Controls are normally installed (by the thousands) everytime a program is installed on a Windows PC, BUT only the RUN-TIME component is installed.

In order to use a control in a development environment, you must have a license (and often, additional files).

It depends entirely on the control provider, there are a few levels:

Free
Licensed Development, Free Runtime
Licensed Development, Licensed Runtime
Free Development, Licensed Runtime