1746-ni16i channel configuration

irondesk40

I have read the manual, but still confused, must be one of those days, hoping someone on here can help me see the light.

Have a slc505 that has a 1746-ni16i analog module in slot 6, in the first part of the program, there is a code that copyys the content of n13:0 to o:6.0 for a length of 16. N13:0 contains a value of 0.

Do not quite understand what putting a 0 in does as far as the configuration. Have used mostly the ab micro 1200 and 1100 and the analog is a little different with the slc.

here is what confuses me, in the program if i select the analog input card under configuration, channel 1 is set to
+-20ma, the other input channels are set to 4 to 20ma, but if i look the page in the manual which i just posted, then if i look at bits 4 and 5 of the channel configuration word and if they are set to 0, then would not all the analog inputs be +-20ma?
Basically, if someone could explain it in simpler terms for a simple mind would be helpful.

Thanks

Yes you are right. But can you post the whole program? Zip your .RSS file and post it.
Are all the channels being used and working?

Is the card configured for class 1 or class 3?

Last edited:
would have posted sooner, but got tied up at work today.

I understand most of the program, but most of my ab experience is with the micrologix 1200 and 1500, some with the 1100.
New to the SLC, also, pretty new to analog with AB, but have learned a lot of useful stuff from reading and posting on here.
had to zip it to upload it.

thanks

Your card configuration shows channels 1,14,15,16 disabled so the configuration registers for those channels are "0". All the other channels are enabled so there will be some value in their configuration registers.
See picture below N13:0 is for channel 1 configuration N13:1 is channel 2
The copy instruction has a "#" in front of the N13:0. This is a pointer
telling the instruction to start at N13:0 and then use 16 registers ( Length value). It will copy to the 16 output registers starting at O:6.0.
Compare the values in registers N13:0 thru N13:15 to the values in O:6.0 thru O:6.15.

ConfigurationRegisters.jpg

That's one way to do it. I usually just go through the config word on paper and figure out the decimal value and MOV it to the card config word on FS. It's easy just to go in the window and set up cards but not all of them have that option. HSCEII for example.