AB Panelview 1000 Screen - How to test if it is bad or not?

Jalopees

I have a AB Panelview 1000 and the screen does not work. I had to replace the unit only after 4 years and was wondering how to test the screen to see if it is bad so I can just replace that or do I have some other problems. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you.

What is the problem? What makes you think it is "bad"?

We can't help you diagnose it with the information you've given us...

The screen does not come on but I am able to connect with Panel Builder. Today I took the bulb out and place a flashlight against the inside case and I was able to see our application running on the screen, so does this mean it is the bulb? I was able to upload the program no problem. My unit is in a control environment. Any ideas. Thank you for your response.

I also had a 1000 that lost just the display. I didn't think it was the backlight, because I couldn't see with a flashlight. After reading this thread, I purchased the backlight. It is now working.
Thanks
George