EM 231 Input Ranges

speedcat

Am Using Expansion Analog Module EM231 On S7200 CPU 222,It's Mentioned In The Manual That You Can Set The Input Range (0-10v,0-20mA...)Using Dip Switches In The Module And You Cant Work On More Than One Range At The Same Time,This Picture From The Manual & Am Wondeing If I Set The Dip Switch On The Range From -5 to +5v,Then If I Connect Input On x+,x- Then I Will Read From 0 To 10v,,But If I Connect Input On Rx,x- (With Rx,x+ Bridged)As Connected In The Picture On The Third,4th Channel Then I Will Be Able To Read From -20mA To 20mA(5v/250ohm)By Doing The math Inside The Program i.e: Dividing Input(volt From -5 To +5)By 250 ohm To Get Equivalent Current Which Should Be From -20 mA To 20mA????

Thanks In Advance

Untitled-1 copy.jpg

Last edited:
Additional Note My Corrent Source Is A Current Transfomer & Still I Cant Figure Out How The Secondry Winding Load Will Affect The Primary(Power) Circuit Which Is Loaded By A Dynamic Load Of 60 Watt Per Phase

Last edited: