Beijer e300

steadly

hi im having some issues updating the firmware on a E300 terminal , i put it into sysload and start updating the firmware it completes but then gives me a checksum error and the terminal will not boot up unless i put it back into sysload mode. Has anyone got any ideas as im begining to loath these terminals !!

I am putting the latest firmware file on it vr6.10 i have tried one from beijers web site and the one on my edesigner disk and still no joy ...

Have never seen this error and so can only give general advice. Press Backspace and F8 at power up to get to the 'secret menu'. Then clear everything, clock ram, program, everything, I can't remember the exact wording. Then use Backspace and F1 at power up to force it into Sysload and try the download again. You can also try slowing the transfer to 9600 baud, it takes a long time but is more likely to be succesful.

I have never been able to get the firmware from one manufacturers version to load onto to anothers' HMI, so it doesn't surprise me that you can't get the Beijer firmware on to a Mitsubishi HMI. It would have been very useful to me in the past as I have used the same HMI from Beijer, Mitsubishi, ABB and Panasonic. Being able to make them all load the same program version would have made my life a bit easier and I would have had to install only one version of the programming software.

You can download a new version of 6.10 from here.

Bryan

hi bryan i have already got the baudrate to the lowest possible setting , i have tried vr6.10 from the beijer site and the mitsubishi site and it still gives me a checksum error at thye end of flashing. i tried the secret menu but it will not access that just sysload.
maybe i need an old version of firmware for the hmi??
i have tried 603 and 4.03 and again still the same checksum error i am a little stumped here?

sorted it , turns out the this e300 i have is an old one and wont accept that firmware , i have located firmware v1.12 and hey presto uploaded a treat and i now have my e300 back and fully functional! phew ! thanks for the help