Temperature measurement

YCB

Hello everybody,

I'm looking for temperature sensor to monitor temperature of metal surface. The best solution would be some programmable sensor with two digital outputs (i.e. warning and alarm).

I need something with digital outputs because currently in control system we don't use analog i/o and we will use this sensor only for monitoring.

Does anyone know such device, or anything similar?

Anothr solution would be to use a controller. With just 100% proportional band and no reset or derivative the output wil represent the temperature. Most have alarm relays.

Last edited:
Hello everybody,

I'm looking for temperature sensor to monitor temperature of metal surface. The best solution would be some programmable sensor with two digital outputs (i.e. warning and alarm).

I need something with digital outputs because currently in control system we don't use analog i/o and we will use this sensor only for monitoring.

Does anyone know such device, or anything similar?
what is the medium that you want to monitor, is it liquid or gas?
what installation you want,direct or indirect contact with the meduim?
cause some products are best for liquid and some are not....