stop RSLinx from starting with RSView

jimtech67

Hello again

I am using RSView with an OPC server that is not Allen Bradley and it works fine. I do not need RSLinx running. My question is how do I stop RSLinx from starting when I open a project??? I looked around the software but could not find what I need. I kow how to stop RSView from start ing as service when I start my computer.

Jim

Go JETS

Don't know if this helps but:

Have you tried running the RSLinx Launch Control Panel?
Stop RSLinx Running using that and then uncheck the RSLinx Always run as a service button.

Running XP or 2000.....

Go to control panel
Go to Administative tools
Go to services
Look for Rslinx
Double click
Stop the service
In the start up type. select disabled or manual

Ta da

If you are running 98, Upgrade :D

Also, if you are not calling any RS drivers that are configured in linx, it should not start it. I could be wrong tho....

IIIIIIIII got a feeling........ Pittsburgh going to the super bowl! ya!

Jets... HA! :p

:cool:

I know how to stop the service at 2000 startup and I only have the OPC server configured as a node in my application and RS linx still starts up when I start up RSView works. Any sugestions?

Jim

Go JETS

Little know feature (apparently)

Jim:

Have you installed the RSView Resources Toolkit? If not, do so.

In it, you will find a utility, Registry Configuration. Running it, there are many settings that can be configured.

One is:
Start RSLibx Automatically at Startup - - - - TRUE.

Change it to false, and RSLinx will not start up the next time you start RSView.

What every one else was talking about will prevent RSLinx from starting when your PC starts, which is a different issue.

Thanks

It is there and works. I did not install the RSView Resources Toolkit because I am building a simple application and did not think I would need the extra features.

Jim
GO JETS