Siemens S7 and A-B SLC-5/05 communications

cbattles

I am trying to find information related to communicating between a SLC-5/05 and Siemens S7 PLC. I've seen several options...

1) Use a Profinet IO Proxy and Component Based Automation

2) Insert a Profibus DP comms. module into the SLC rack to communicate via Profibus DP

Has anyone done this before and know if one solution would work better than another?

I am trying to find information related to communicating between a SLC-5/05 and Siemens S7 PLC. I've seen several options...

1) Use a Profinet IO Proxy and Component Based Automation

2) Insert a Profibus DP comms. module into the SLC rack to communicate via Profibus DP

Has anyone done this before and know if one solution would work better than another?

The Woodhead module SST-PFB-SLC http://www.woodhead.com/products/brad/bradcommunications/networkinterface/plcbackplanemodules/#2113

is probably the best method