EOL Resistor with 1756-IB16D Input Card?

The "leakage resistor" is connected across an open contact, such as a push-botton etc., and will cause a small amount of current into the PLC input when the contact is open.

The input card has circuitry to detect this current as a minimum. If a field wire drops off, or is cut etc., then the input card receives no input current, and the card signals a "wire-off" fault.

Similar Topics

Hi, I was wondering what an End of line Resistor is? we are using it in connection with Digital Input Module
Replies
Views
We have a machine with four Kinetix 350 servo drives Model 2097-V34PR5-LM We have just replaced our second drive in the last 6 months, and I see...
Replies
Views
Let's say I have an inverter fed three phase induction motor drive where in the braking phase (when the motor operates in a generator mode) the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We are installing a number of Profibus actuated valves (Auma AC 01.2). They have a terminating resistor on the PCB but the system...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’ve been doing some tests with a new PC based oscilloscope on DH+, just getting my settings right etc. To facilitate this I strung 1mtr of...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom