PowerFlex 70 EDS file resgistration error.

Tatagtiba

Hi,

I got the ESD file for a PowerFlex 70 from the Allen Bradley web page. But, when I want to add it to the RSNetworx a message pops up and tell me that I'm using a wrong file. I've already checked carefully the part number of the EDS file and it matches with my PF70.

When a tried to get connected using the RSNetworx for DeviceNet I see the PF70 as an undefined device then I follow the instructions in order to create an uploaded EDS from the PF70. I wanted to see the PF70 parameters and I couldn't make it.

I´m attaching images with the errors mesages.

Just remembering ... I´m doing it online. When i´m offline everithing goes OK, but when I turn It online the error mesages apear.

I apreciate your help, I´m from Brasil so sorry for the bad english.

Thanks to all...

Error1.jpg Error2.jpg Error3.jpg

Do those registration errors appear when you try to register the EDS you downloaded from AB.COM, or when you try to register the EDS you uploaded from the drive ?

Every device on DeviceNet has a unique Identity. Similar devices are differentiated by Product Code. Different voltages or power ratings of a PowerFlex 70EC drive, for example, will have different Product Codes.

The EDS file for your drive, according to the AB.COM website, is this one:

http://www.ab.com/networks/eds/cgi-bin/detail.pl?file=DN/0001007940320300.eds

The Product Code for the PowerFlex 70EC 400V 60A drive is 0x4032 (hex), according to that EDS file.

The device you have online is reporting that its Product Code is 16690 (decimal) = 0x4132 (hex).

So, the device online isn't the same as the EDS file, which is why the software is reporting the error.

[Continued]

Take a close look at the file name of the EDS file I linked above, "0001007940320300.eds"

The Identity information for the device is encoded into the file name.
0001 = Vendor ID 1 = Allen-Bradley
0079 = Device Type 0x79 = 121 (decimal) = DPI to DeviceNet
4032 = PowerFlex 70EC 400V 60A
0300 = Major Revision 3, Minor Revision 0 (the minor rev is often ignored).

Since the drive is reporting online that its Product Code is 16990 (decimal) = 4132 (hex) we can trick the AB.COM EDS server into giving us the correct EDS file directly without searching, by changing the filename.

http://www.ab.com/networks/eds/cgi-bin/detail.pl?file=DN/0001007941320300.eds

You'll see that the device you're connecting to is a 480V 52A drive.

There may be something I do not understand about deratings or the Brazilian electric grid, or the drive may have the incorrect firmware identity programmed into it.

Try to remove the existing EDS and install the one I linked above.

(By the way, your English is better than a lot of the supposed native-speakers I correspond with !)