Update RSLogix 5000

bissotoe

Quick question, I have not use the 1769-L32E for about a year. My last firmware is the version 13.34 (dated about 3 years ago). I downloaded the latest EDS file from AB/Rockwell. how do it update RSLogix 5000 and the firmware?

Last edited:
1. To update firmware (if you so choose) you will need to use the ControlFlash program to flash firmware into the processor

2. To update your version of Logix5000 (which your firmware major rev must match) you will need to download an updated version from Rockwell's website. You must have a service support contract and your serial number of your software to download newer versions.

EDS files are not firmware. They are for network identification on RSLinx and for use in RSNetworx.

Matt;
That is correct what you said with regards to the RSLogix 5000.

I did use the ControlFlash to upgrade to firmware 13.34. Now, I believe there is another version, so how do I get the latest .nvs file?