Convert RSView Bargraph to Linegraph

Samneggs

I have a row of rectangles where animation is set to fill from the bottom up simulating a bargraph. I'd like to convert this to a line graph where the top of each bar is a point on a continuous segmented line across the screen. I don't see a way to animate the two points of a line individually. Any ideas?

You could use the microsoft excel chart object. Insert an ole object and select the 'microsoft excel chart'.

I personally haven't done this but I would think you'd be able to use opc links in the cells of the chart object to the values you need in the PLC. Just play with the formatting of the chart to get a line chart with the right headings.

grs

You can move the endpoints of a line object, but it requires using a combination of Horizontal Position, Vertical Position, Width and Height. This can get a bit complicated, and if the line requires a change in slope then a second line object must be created and visibility used to choose between them.

(The Height animation cannot go negative, so when the slope goes through zero, you must make the positive sloping line dissappear and make a negative sloping line appear and control it's height and position)

I have done this for a single line, but I would dread even thinking about trying to do it for a multitude of lines.

Can you manipulate the Trends screen in the graphics library to do what you need?

Bob

I was hoping for a solution using TrendX. WinderGuy's suggestion (although appreciated) looks horrific and I agree not to try it for multiple lines. I finally talked operations into accepting bargraphs.

Sam

You can link to an Excel chart and get a line-graph from that, but Excel has to be running for the chart points to update at runtime.

I think that's inelegant, but it's one way to get this done.