Controllogix Redundancy Typ12 Code 32 Error

mad4x4

I am having some problems with a redundant PLC setup using A/B 1765-L62 & SRM/B modules. Due to operational requirement our service engineer can get the PLC quite easily to a state where the PLC will fault and report -

==================
02/01/1998 00:32:17
(Type 12) Redundancy Fault
(Code 32) Disqualified secondary became primary.
===================

To recover from this we basically have to clear the fault log table in the effect PLC. To do this we need to use RSLogxic. -MANUALLY !:cry:

If we then power off this unit and power on the other PLC the other PLC will start however the Slave (that was wrongly powered up will stay as DISQ and have a major fault)

Usually this happen we they power down after a network switch failure on Chassis 1 while chassis 1 is a sync. Then both racks are powered off and then powered on and SRM weighting forces SRM in chassis 1 to assume PRIM.

What I want to do is use the Master PLC, when it is rebooted to generate a SSV or a MSG to clear the fault log in the remote (slave) plc, so both can restart correctly (unfaulted). Ideally I would only like to clear faults type 12 code 32 from the remote but will settle for "blank" fault table"

So far
Looking at the network with Wire shark as I reset using RSlogic5000 I see a CIP Packet that generates the fault log clear.
Common Industrial Protocol
- Service: Reset (Request)
0... .... = Request/Response: Request (0x00)
.000 0101 = Service: Reset (0x05)
Request Path Size: 2 (words)
- Request Path: CIass: 0x73, Instance: 0x01
- 8-Bit LogicaI CIass Segment (0x20)
CIass: Unknown (0x73)
- 8-Bit Logical lnstance Segment (0x24)
Instance: 0x01
- Command Specific Data
Data: 01
I can even get the Master PLC to create the same packet by generating a MSG.

which gives
Common industrial Protocol
- Service: Reset (Request)
0... .... = Request/Response: Request (0x00)
.000 0101 = Service: Reset (0x05)
Request Path Size: 2 (words)
- Request Path: CIass: 0x73, Instance: 0x01
- 8-Bit LogicaI CIass Segment (0x20)
CIass: Unknown (0x73)
- 8-Bit Logical lnstance Segment (0x24)
Instance: 0x01
- Command Specific Data
Data: 01
By creating a message of
Message Type: CIP Generic / Custom
Service :05
Class :73
Instance :1
Attribute :0
Source Element : test (where test is DINT containing 1)
Source Length :1
Path : ENET_A,2,192.168.100.2 (slave ip address)
However when I manually execute this message the fault remains with a error message code of 0005 (unsupported class or instance) with no extended code on the slave plc. The master PLC does broadcast the CIP as I was able to capture it with wire shark.

All suggestion on how to recover from (using the PLC) a type 12 code 32 error welcome

What is your firmware revisions ... did you use the redundancy bundle so that all your firmware works together (as Rockwell suggests)?

CPU L62 Firmware 16.52
Controlnet Bridge CNBR/E Firmware 11.4
Ethernet Cards ENBT/A Firmware 3.9

PLC runs redundancy fine this is a problem that is introduced by Human incopentance that I need to mitigate for. ( This is being installed offshore brazil on an OIL rig and we can afford the down time, for a competent tech to go and reset this fault if it occurs as that would take 1-4 weeks to arrange work visa's, flights, beds etc.)

It would be better for the PLC to "self heal" from this fault.

Looks like the only way to do this is to Press the Clear Faults button in Logix 5000, ee have been in contact with bradley and that is there answer! Other option is use a Flash card and restore always from flash.

So looks like we will need to ensure that we don;t create the error. So training the techs and engineering bulletins etc. oh well :(