Need some help

I am a student at ITT-Tech and I am doing a final project on lifts I finished my ladder logic on my PLC but its not blowing up any skirts. so if anyone could give me any advice or much need help that be grrrreat!

here my ladder logic for all my 3 floor the only difference is the addresses.

I:1/0 I:1/1 B3:0/0
---][--------------]/[---------------------------(MotorControlBit)---
| B3:0/0 | mag. relay
|-(Bridge)- |
B3:0/0 O:2/0
---][---------------------------------------------(motor)------------
I:1/1 B3:0/0
---][---------------------------------------------(RES motor)--------
mag. relay
I use the magnetic relays to let the PLC know when to stop the motor on the floor picked. the mag. its self is on the elevator and the relay is on the building the elevator goes up. E-mail:[email protected]
Thank You

Code:
I:1/0            I:1/1                              B3:0/0
---][--------------]/[---------------------------(MotorControlBit)---
| B3:0/0    | mag. relay
|-(Bridge)- | 
B3:0/0                                             O:2/0
|---][---------------------------------------------(motor)-------- |     
|B3:0/0
|---][---------------------------------------------(RES motor)--------
Thats not as you know exactly right, what you have should start the motor and keep it on but your reset is wrong.
Questions:
Is I:1/0 the start button and is it a Normally open contact type?
Is I:1/1 the Stop button...what contact is it? If its a Normally closed type then its easier in the logic to use -| |- an XIC.

I am not sure what purpose your third line serves. If you are going to use Set/Reset (or in AB Latch/Unlatch) then you dont need the bridge.

Your first rung could be used to stop start the motor with pushbuttons:
Code:
|       I:1/1          I:1/0                O:2/0
|      Start PB        Stop PB            Motor 
|-------|  |----+--------| |-----------------( )--------|
|               |
|               |
|     O:2/0     |
|-------| |-----+
Try that and see if you can make it work the way you want to..note if you use B3:0/0 to latch a bit in this matter you will have to have a way to unlatch it, you can not add a line to reset. Especially using the same bit that is the motor control bit.

Before you go any further have you written down all your I/O and made an outline of what the elevator needs to do? Use paper to plan your actions involved with the project....read this, it may help
http://www.patchn.com/b4programming.htm

Last edited: