DL 06>>Stepper Motor

Xsailor

Hi All.
I am just a maintenance man who is trying his hand at learning things...All sorts of interesting things!đź“š

I take care of a few machines which have two/three axis motion control using Stepper Motors and Siemens S7 200 plcs.
Things are proceeding well and I have been able to learn a fair bit from the Siemens system.
During my last trip to the States, I did pick-up an AD DL 06 (Basic PLC/DC/Sourcing out) and a Click PLC to play around in my spare time.
Attached is a photo of my test Rig!

testrig1.jpg

Now, the Question.
The S7200 does a great job of running the driver using sourcing PTO from Q0.0 and 0.1.
Settings are Velocity 1000 pps/Start Vel 1000 pps/Stop vel 100/Total pulse count 400

I am now trying to learn to get a similar move from the DL 06 and failing miserably.

I got the DL06 wired up as per the book - Y0 does the Pulses and since I am OK without any direction control at the moment, Y1 is free.

Attached are a couple of snap shots of the DSoft screen.

When I close X3 physically, I get a slight 'jitter' from the motor and no more. Every time I toggle X3, I get the same result. After a while, SP104 comes ON and so does Y2 - From that point on, I cannot get anything.

Please help!

Xsailor

Looks like your base speed is too high. V3633 should be around the 300 for a 200 step motor.

Depending on how your driver is set up. If it is set for 200 steps/rev then set it to 300.

If it is 400 steps/rev then try 400 to 500. If you have the resolution set higher than that, try setting the res to 400 steps/rev initially to get it to work then go higher if needed.

Setting that number higher does not guarentee that precision.

I can hear someone in the back of the factory

"Has anyone seen my damm chuck key?"

Looks like your base speed is too high. V3633 should be around the 300 for a 200 step motor.

Depending on how your driver is set up. If it is set for 200 steps/rev then set it to 300.

If it is 400 steps/rev then try 400 to 500. If you have the resolution set higher than that, try setting the res to 400 steps/rev initially to get it to work then go higher if needed.

Setting that number higher does not guarentee that precision.

@ATU

Thanks for the inputs; I will work on those numbers and revert.

In the meantime, why does SP104 come on only once a while and when ON, is there a way to reset it so that I can keep trying various settings? At the moment, I have no option but to clear the CPU memory

It will go back off when you run the next profile. What I do is wait for it to go off when I start then look for it to turn back on, then I know the move is completed.

No luck

@ATU

I tried setting V3633 to 300 and then to 200 - No changes to my previous resultso_O
Am I getting the 12-15 bits of V3630 right? (Section E-43 of the manual). I have it set to e100 which translates to relative w/o interrupt and Target velocity of 1Khz.

PS: My driver is set to 200pulses/rev and the Motor is a Nema 23 with 184 oz of torque - Like I said, works like a charm from the S7 200.

Cheers

That's a nice little test setup. I'm thinking of doing the same thing at my house by getting some stuff from Ebay.

It sounds like you are making great use of your free time by taking the initiative to learn.