Analogues

john clay

I am monitoing current from an invertor on a 0-10v scale to an AB 505 processor. Everything was working OK except the inverter is giving 0-10v pulsed output which makes my plc analogue input very erratic! I have tried to write some code using FIFO load, a compute to add 10 values together and divide by 10 for an average, but this still seems to give an erratic output. Any sugestions please. Thanks John.

Would this work for you?

GRT I:1.0 N7:0 NEQ I:1.0 N7:1 OSR B3:0/0 MOV I:1.0 N7:1

Where I:1.0 is your analog in, N7:1 = zero and N7:1 is a storage for any non zero values of your analog input.

Your problem sounds like an attempt to mix oil and water. The inverter's signal has the pulse frequency proportional to current, but your PLC's analog module wants a DC voltage. You didn't say which brand of inverter. I've seen some that have both a frequency output (like yours) and an analog output. Check your manual and your wiring connections. Otherwise, get a frequency to voltage converter.