OPC topic issues

phil hughes

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am using an HMI (WONDERWARE) to communicate to several compact logix L30 plc's via 1761 NET-ENI,s at each PLC.My interface is RS LINX (opc topic for each IP address).If enable duplicate detection is checked on the serial com port in the L30 processor could it cause problems.Strange things have been happening ,for example we had 3 systems(seperate opc topics) turn off at the same time when the operator only wanted to turn 1 system off.

Not really enough information, but that shouldn't matter if talking to three separate PLC's, on three separate topics.

I have had issues though with NET-ENI's not working very well on a loaded network. The first thing I'd actually try, would be swapping the processors out (yep, costs money, maybe distributor has a trade-in program?) for regular Ethernet processors, and try it that way.