MPI connection

moody088

hi everyone,,,,,,,
i have 2 PLC's and i configured them ( i mean HW conf.) after that i bring the cable to connect them as MPI connection
then i declarate the GD file
then i download the stations but the SIMATIC manager didn't see 2 PLC's
simatic manager see just PLC with adderss 2 ,,,,,,,
so what is the problem ?
and is my hardware configuration to connect them as MPI connection right?
plz help me,,,,,,,,,,,:)

The problems i see is that either the cable you connect the 2 plcs are broken or that your HW configuration isnt right. You say that both of the plcs have adress 2 in your hw configuration? If so that is the problem. you need to have different adresses for the PLC's else they cant communicate.

when you connect your plcs to the MPI-bus (in HW config) you can change the adresses there aswell, if i recall correctly it will assign different adresses to the plcs if you connect them to the MPI-bus so i guess you havent done that aswell.

to assign the plc to an bus (in this case MPI) you have to go into the configuration of the plc itself (in HW config) and assign it to a bus.

You'll have to change the MPI address on one of the CPUs before you can connect them togher.

Leave one processor with address MPI=2.

Connect to the other processor, go to the hardware configuration for this processor and configure its MPI node address as something different than 2.
To do this, double-click the processors row. A window should open with a bunch of tabs at the top. Select the General tab. There will be a little window that says "Interface". It should list the type (MPI) as well as the address (2). Click the Properties button. On the window that opens select the new address, then close the windows.

Download the hardware configuration to the processor. It will display a window that shows it can connect to a processor with MPI address of 2 (the current address of the one you are connected to). Connect to this processor and download. After you have downloaded to it, it will now have the new MPI address.

Now connect the two processor's together.

I do understand your reasoning,

In this case it seemed easier for someone having difficulties to step them through the "easiest" way to connect the two. Once they know how to change the MPI address they should definitely consider your advice.