Siemens Protool question

Thim

hello,

I came across a example program of Siemens to write and read out/in excel but when i try to write script allways opens a new excel file and asks me to save it.
Can someone tell me how to prevent this?

The file in which the script is pointing does excist in that specific map

Probably it is in this part of the script

'Excel speichern und beenden
//XL_BW.ActiveWorkbook.Close(true)

Is there someone who knows how i can just write to it without allways have to "save as" it?

this is the script

'Variable, der Excel-Tabelle zugewiesen wird (Excel-Beispielwerte)
Dim XL_BW
'Zuweisung Excel-Applikation
Set XL_BW = CreateObject("excel.application")
'vorhandene Tabelle öffnen
XL_BW.workbooks.open "C:\Werkmap\Recepten PC\Voorbeeld plc programma\bsp_rezeptur.xls"
'Tabellen-Einträge (Zeile, Spalte)
XL_BW.cells(row,1).value = Now
XL_BW.cells(
row,2).value = VAR1_INT
XL_BW.cells(row,3).value = VAR2_REAL
XL_BW.cells(
row,4).value = VAR3_STRING
'Erhöht den Zeilenindex, um beim nächsten Aufruf in die Folgezeile zu schreiben
row = row + 1
'Tabelle nicht anzeigen
XL_BW.visible = false
'Excel speichern und beenden
XL_BW.ActiveWorkbook.Close(true)
'Verwendeten Speicher wieder freigeben
'Used storage will be freed
Set XL_BW = Nothing

Thx

I suggest dump excel and write to csv in stead. It is easy, you can find examples, also on this forum.
You can very easily write one or more lines to an existing csv file (appending).
And csv files can be opened easily with excel for example.
And you dont have to have Excel installed on the PC.
I dont understand what advantage there is with writing directly to Excel.

I suggest dump excel and write to csv in stead. It is easy, you can find examples, also on this forum.
You can very easily write one or more lines to an existing csv file (appending).
And csv files can be opened easily with excel for example.
And you dont have to have Excel installed on the PC.
I dont understand what advantage there is with writing directly to Excel.

Don't see any advantage either but this was a example that i founded on the Siemens site. (I don't know anything from scripting so i just copied it to have a look)
I'm not sure but i think i can easy change the file name to *.csv and that the script wil still work. Have to test it.
But do you know if it would be possible to have the *.csv file open and write to it at the same time?

Thx

Nice the *.csv is working acctualy the *.xls is also working
I only had to configure the file as shared.
Do you know if it would be possible to have a bit/word back when the communication has been finished? Or do you know some good manual about it ?

Thx