Data Collection Omron CQM1h

rock

have gotten in a machine from germany that has a omron cqm1h plc.
trying to figure out how to collect production data from the plc into a desktop pc that manager wants to use.
would like some advice on how to best do this.
Only familiar with microsft excel.
This plc also has a seperate card that has two serial ports. Could you connect to one of these and then into the serial port on desktop pc to collect the data.

at the moment using syswin 3.4, but have ordered cx programmer from local sales vendor.
looked over the cx line that you mentioned.
is cx server a expensive piece of software, if so can something like this be done with cx server lite - it looks like from what little i read about it, that it can be set up to access dm areas in a omron plc.

Is CX Server a expensive piece of software?
CX Server is shipped along with all CX Automation Suite products. It is the communication driver which is necessary for any Omron network. If you have CX Programmer, CX Server will be shipped with it. Also look for the DDE mangaer that comes with CX Server. It can import DM Values directly to Excel.
if so can something like this be done with cx server lite - it looks like from what little i read about it, that it can be set up to access dm areas in a omron plc.
See this link and take CX Server Lite for a test ride.
CX Server Lite 1.1 Demo

do not have cx yet, have ordered it.
can you use the cx server lite with syswin. Will probably keep using it for a while, until I get cx programmer and get more familiar with it.
Is there anyplace on the web where you can download sample programs using cx server lite on a laptop or desktop pc to collect data from the pc and save into excel files.

have checked into training classes offered by local omron distributors, but cost is very high.

any help or advice would be appreciatted.