Home project for displaying engine oil temp and pressure.

matthewobrn

[FONT=&quot]Hi, I did some plc programming in university but as a mechanical engineer we only skimmed the surface.

So I thought I would seek some advise. Basically what I'm trying to achieve is a setup where by I can monitor my engine oil temperature and pressure from a small: aprox 76mm x 110mm LCD mono tone display, nothing fancy, while I'm driving the car.

I know there are gauges designed for this purpose but I think they would ruin the dash of the car. The small display I mentioned above I can attach onto the air vent and remove when it's not wanted.

I've been looking at PLC's and displays for the last few days on the internet but I seem to have more questions then answers.

What would be the cheapest vendor that would be able to accomplish this including the temperature and pressure sensors, plc and display. I will also need the software too.

Regards,
Matthew
[/FONT]

Thankyou, Ken for the help on the PLC.

Can anyone help me with the sensors?
Temperature up to 130 deg celcius and the pressure up to about 80PSI?

Also as a further tought, has any one heard of a sensor that can measure vacuum and pressure in one?

Cheers

Matt

Search for Megasquirt.
They do aftermarket fuel injection engine management computers. These include temperature, pressure and manifold pressure/vacuum measurements and sensors.