Major fault S3

mannyf67

A.B. PLC Micrologix1500 "major fault"

The fault was saying that the card was a miss match and I never changed it. I decided to change the input card # 3 and I hit "clear major fault" and it worked for me. Do you think I did the correct thing or I was lucky the plc recovered by its self?

Most likely, yes. If you tried to clear the fault first, and it did not clear, then the card was probably faulty and the CPU was unable to identify it.

It is also possible that the card connection could have been interrupted, needing to be reseated. So, you might give it one more chance (power down, install it, power up) before declaring it fubar.

Paul

Similar Topics

Hello, We have a customer with a 1756-L72 ControlLogix PLC. They have recently got a T01:C62 Fault Code. I am trying to figure out how to...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys Today we went through the worst situation that PLC went to major fault Mode due to Trap by one of the Timer with -ve Value Moved into...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, has anyone had this problem before PLC 5000 Model 1756-L81E Major Fault Type 4 Code 20 (T04:C20)
Replies
Views
On site and another Programmer is getting a Major Fault when downloading code that I gave him to interface withour machines. I have JSRs that...
Replies
Views
We have an installation with with 6 Compactlogix 5069-L3X0ER PLCs. Within the past week, two of the 6 have crashed with the unrecoverable fault...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom