Transferring S7-200 Symbols etc

I am working on a Siemens S7-200 PLC, supplied on a machine from Italy via a 3rd party. We commissioned the machine with the initial version of the program & I spent considerable time translating all of the Italian language symbols/comments into English. Then we experienced a few operating problems & the Italian supplier sent over a modified version of the program which I subsequently downloaded BUT all information in the new program is back in Italian. Does anyone know of any way I can transfer my English symbol table etc to the new program.

Only very recently have I found this quick and dirty way:

Open your English project > Connect to PLC > Upload from PLC > 'Save as' using another name.

Currently this is the fastest way I know to get the comments and symbolics from outdated projects to recent undocumented back-ups.

But ofc this is not perfect. You still have to manually check the differences in your project and the italian project and make the changes where they changed it. For instance if they added networks and such, add them to your english project prior to the uploading. This will save you time reviewing it after.

Above mentioned way will save the network comment, symbols, everything.
But if you just want to copy the symbol table, open the symbol table view of the english project, select everything you want to copy, copy paste into the italian project. It's excell based so select all fields and just copy paste.

Find out which one works for you.

Hope this helps

Last edited: