Factory talk SE pops up

flyers

Hi guys,

I'm trying to figure out how to do a pop up in FT SE.

Our client requirement, during a certain (critical) alarms, there must be a small pop up screen in the center of the screen to ask the operator to shutdown certain process. The pop up screen should have "YES" and "NO" option for the operator to select.

I've done this is RSViewME, but FT SE I've no idea. Can someone please guide me. Thank you.

The best way, as with so many things in SE, is to call your pop-up windows from a hidden, always running VBA routine.

The basic method is simply to put a numeric display on the hidden window, pointing at your alarm point, and expose it to VBA. In VBA, add code for an "Change" event for that numeric display.

In the VBA, you can then pop up a display window. Benefit to VBA is that you can also limit what clients the display will pop up on (base it off of the computer host name).