Ti505 series, update clock via ladder logic

Dravik

Hello:

I'm working on a way to get several of our Ti545 plcs clocks sync'd with each other. Not looking for anything more than ~1 hour of each other generally.

I see that stw223,224,225 hold the current time/day, not having a test plc handy today I was wondering if anyone else had done this and could offer some pointers.

Thanks,
Mike

I would not use those status words if I were you, from the reference manual:

STW223 and STW224 contain a 32-bit binary representation of the relative
millisecond of the current day. STW225 contains a 16-bit binary
representation of the current day relative to 1-January-1984, (day 0). See
also the following description of Time-of-Day Status for STW226.

You should use STW141-144 instead, just remember the data is in BCD format.
Do you have a copy of the programming reference manual?
http://www2.sea.siemens.com/NR/rdonlyres/0BC627EF-737A-46E5-99F5-2BDF53884C5B/0/50582042.pdf

If I were you, I would use a Special Function Program for this application, and call it once an hour or so.

Might be easier to have a PC sync all the PLC's, with the PC being the master time keeper.

Ken:

Yes I have a copy of the manual, mine is a bit newer and I glossed over the odler status words. thanks!

I'm probably going to use Kepware and one of the FactorySQL installs I have around here to poke the values in. I'll do a quick write up if it works.

Thanks,
Mike