RS232 to DeviceNet

duracell

Hi guys

I have a scale that I would like to connect to the PLC. The scale has RS-232 comms and my PLC devicenet. I have a PointIO RS-232 ASCII module connected to a AND scanner.

How do I do the setup in RS-Networks and how do I know that the communications are working?

I already have a module. The 1734-RS232 ASCII module. Now I have to connect the scale to the 232 module and read the data via a devicenet.

That module is not what I am looking for.

Thanks anyway.

Been awhile since I used RSNetWorx, but here is what I remember.

First, configure the module (usually DIP switches)with a unique node number and the proper baud rate for your network. Make sure not to use one that is already assigned to another device.

Plug the module into the DeviceNet serial network, make sure power is applied to the unit.

Go online with RSNetWorx and "browse" the network. The new node should show up. Double click it to configure the I/O interface with the PLC.

If the node comes up as a "?", you need to download the EDS file for the module from www.ab.com.