RS Logix 500 Thinking of using a DCD Instruction

Rob S.

I am replacing a old plc in some used equipment. I would like to keep the drawings close to the same,and the control
wiring the same. I have a Thumbwheel switch and I would like
to use a DCD instruction and look at Inputs I:0/10,I:0/11,
I:0/12, I:0/13. What would be the best way to see those 4 input bits? Would I need to use a MOV ,and how would I represent a input byte or input word in a intruction.
I should know this stuff. I can't remember nothing,anymore.

Thanks Mr.Carlton ,

I placed a MOV instruction

Source I:0/10

Dest N7:0

I keep getting : address must be specified to the word level

How would I represent the source to the "word level"

Thanks,

Similar Topics

I have been doing logic programming and troubleshooting for about 25 years. I started working for a new company as PLC Application Engineer and I...
Replies
Views
Hello, Haven't been on in a while. I need to generate a bit level pdf of the I/O for RSLogix 500. I can generate a report but it just shows the...
Replies
Views
I would like to copy register N61:131 thru N61:147 into ST252:0 I keep failing What happens is I copy into ST252:0,1, 2 etc. What am i missing...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to fix a mess of code on an older machine that's running a Micrologix 1400 and an RS232 ASCII barcode scanner. The previous guy had...
Replies
Views
I'm not super familiar with the Micrologix line of processors, but I am pretty familiar with RSLogix 500. I'm trying to simply copy a string to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom