merge logix 5000 programs and retain rung and instruction comments

mhuntwork

Hello,

I have converted a SLC program to a Controllogix program and want to add the program to an existing controller.

I have the Tags imported with all of their comments by using the import/export tool. Now I am trying to move the routines.

So, I have an ACD file or, alternately, the L5K and Comment TXT files that I need to move the routines from while maintaining all of those wonderful rung and instruction comments.

If you can point me to a KB article or just give me a quick note on how to do this I would appreciate it.

Mike

Hmm... Problem kind of solved.

I switched machines and now the instruction comments are copying but the rung comments are not. Before the rung comments were copying but the instruction comments are not.

Moving rung comments is a small job. Moving the instruction comments manually would have been a BIG job.