Siemens CP 343-1

Hi there all Siemens freaks,

I'm testing an CP343-1 (industrial ethernet) and I slipt into a problem. I'm using a Cp343-1 ver 2.1 and the version on my step 7 software is version 2.0. My Cp-card stays in stopmode and it's producing an system failure (SF). When I look into the diagnostics I get the message fatal configuration error. The card is still in the factory settings. Do you think that this fault is the result of the version differences? Anyone ever encountered the same problem?

thanks in advance

Hello!
I've had the same problem with the MODBUS card from siemens..
The fault was that the configuration program was to old.
You have to check for your self if there ia a newer version in the siemens homepages.
Or the problem could be that you have not downloaded the correct file to the card?

Hi,

If have found the problem. I made my hardware configuration in my S7 project and downloaded it into my cpu. The only thing that was required was that I just needed to select a network. It doesn't have be the right one but just select one and then the CP card goes in run.

Nif thanks anyway