Alias Tags Controllogix

viraguen

Hi,
How I can use in the TASK#2 a tag created in the TASK#1? I try with alias task but when you create an alias tag you can only refer to tags in the "controller tags" or in the same "Program tags".

Thanks in advance.

Each Program Tag Database in ControlLogix is separate. Only the Controller Scope tag database can be used any any routine, in any program, in any task.

If you have tags that need to be used in multiple Programs, they must be Controller scope.

It's easy to change a tag from Program Scope to Controller Scope; create an identical tag in Controller Scope, then delete the tag from the Program Scope database. All the references will follow the tag to the Controller scope tag database.

Thank you very much Ken!!!
Work perfect, I never imagined that doing this controllogix will change the scope of my tag in all the place where are using it.

This only work if I move a tag from a Program scope database to the Controller scope. No from the Controller scope to the program scope, if I using it in diferent programs, isn't it?

As far as a program is concerned a tag is just a name. When compiling the RSLogix5000 looks first in the its own program tags then in the controller tags. It uses the first one it finds. So changing the tag to the controller level didn't CHANGE the tag as used in the programs, just provided a different location for the tag.