RSLogix 5 vs ControlNet 1.25

sourcecal

I have RSLogix 5 Standard version 7.30.01 and have reviewed a clients offline channel configuration. I am able to see the ControlNet 1.25 I/O mapping in Channel 2 and need to make some changes.

When I recently upgraded from version 7.10.00 to the version mentioned above, I noticed in the release notes that ONLY RSLogix Pro can do configuration changes on ControlNet 1.25. In addition, an A/B Knowledge Based article states the same.

I am reluctant to spend another $2k upgrading to Pro just to work in ControlNet 1.25. Can I use my Standard version? If not, what is it about Pro that makes this necessary to purchase?

ControlNet Phase 1.25 equipment is very rare and for a long time you had to go back to 6200-PLC5 or AI-5 to work on a PLC-5C controller.

RA finally took the time and expense to add the Phase 1.25 configuration code to RSLogix 5 (instead of RSNetworx for ControlNet) and financed the software effort by putting it only into the Professional version of the software.

Is this a Solar Turbines control system ? They were by far the largest ControlNet Phase 1.25 user.

Thanks Ken for the quick response. Yes, this is a Solar Turbine system.

What I found interesting was that in offline mode, I was able to see and make changes to the I/O mapping on Channel 2. The release notes for version 7.10.00 stated that ControlNet 1.25 was supported in Standard.

I guess I'm looking for that unequivocal statement that I need to purchase Pro to justify the purchase to the client.