silo problems

tczjr5

when switch C is on stoping the box just past the level sensor and moving the switch to a the soleniod vavle opens and fills the factory what iam i missing???

html015.jpg LadderRungs.jpg

I would break the tasks down into small pieces. First, transport the box to the filling point.
I would use a "Set" command (Not sure what it is in AB!)to say transport on. When the box arrives in position a "Fill" flag is set (And the transport flag reset). The fill flag opens the fill valve and looks for the level probe. The full level probe "Sets" a box full flag and resets the fill flag.
The box full flag starts the transport to discharge the full box - and so on.

I hope this is what you were after?

PS. You could build on this by limiting the time the fill valve is open - set an alarm that says the box has got a hole in it!!! Or the sensor is faulty etc...

Last edited:
Tczjr5,

You have the logic for your Conveyor Motor Output O:2/0 very close, but not quite correct if using the 3-position Selector Switch. Also, a "Full" indicator should never be compromised. If a box is full, the indicator light should show that, regardless of the Selector Switch position. Any other way makes a liar out of the indicator, and lying indicators just do not work in the real world.

Here is one way to do this program.

Silo Exercise 3.jpg

Last edited:
Tczjr5,

The Silo Simulator program that I posted above needs one more rung to make it fill the box completely (I:1/4 indicates full every time) without ever having a spill. In the materials handling industry it is called a "dribble mode" for the solenoid valve. After reaching the Nearly Full level, the Dribble Mode takes over and pulses the solenoid slowly until the box is Full. Add one internal relay bit to control the dribble mode.

Last edited: