Surface Mount Temperature Transmitters

Greg Dake

Greetings,

I'm looking for surface mount temperature transmitters. I have some pipes that I cannot insert a thermowell into. I know of the types that strap around the pipe, hose clamp style....They need to have 4-20mA out....Integral RTD to 4-20mA converter would be best because we don't have boxes in these remote locations. Just looking to see if there is something new that someone has used which I haven't seen....Thanks in advance.

Greg

We often strap RTDs to the outside of pipes in a 100 bar reactor. We specify the weld pad style probe but regular 1/4" works OK. If you can use some of the thermal cement used with trace heating cable. Our process is too hot to mount the transmitter in contact so we use a remote mount, any type will work.