MP277 touch, touch isn't very sensitive...

userxyz

I have the idea that some of my buttons sometimes don't respond the way I want. I've done a calibration in the control panel -> OP, but still it's very annoying. Sometimes it resonds fast, sometimes I must press several times.

All my tags are set on 500ms. I don't think that can cause the problem because most of the tags are setted 'update on use'.

I have many scripts running in the panel, but, they are only called on event. There are many screens and many tags, but still, that can't cause the problem of bad touch I think ?

Any similar problems, any advice ?

i've found the same thing even on a projects that have rather smallish list of tags. i've heard many tips that should improve situation but nothing made noticeable difference (eg. grouping of tags, reserving connections in plc hw config etc, got rid of all scripts and tags faster than 500ms, only few tags are still 500ms, only few things per screen etc.).

Siemens

Hey,

I contacted Siemens about this problem.
I've received a new one. The touch works fine on the new panel, after downloading my project, it still works okay.
So it was the panel.

Strange thing is:

The new panel has the same ordercode as the old one, but the panels are not the same. The new one is actually a little bigger and TOUCH on the side of the screen is written a little larger.

When I gave my serial number of the MP277, when calling Siemens, they could tell me that a new one was the solution...

They told me that the same problem happened 2 weeks before with someone else, therefor their decision to exchange.

Bad Siemens Panels ?

i've found the same thing even on a projects that have rather smallish list of tags. i've heard many tips that should improve situation but nothing made noticeable difference (eg. grouping of tags, reserving connections in plc hw config etc, got rid of all scripts and tags faster than 500ms, only few tags are still 500ms, only few things per screen etc.).