ISA Standards For Safety Systems

russrmartin

Hi all. I'm preparing to write a proposal for a client which at the very least will be a SIS. I'd like to at least consider the integration of some of the mechanical building controls into the same controller, but have some concerns about this. Before doing anything, I thought I'd check on what the ISA's standards or best practices are for this. Technically, one could consider the mechanical controls as part of the safety system, as they provide ventilation to classified locations, but, in the future, the client has expressed the possibility of adding some automation to these areas. I have seen machine access guarding and some things integrated into process controllers, but since then they have come out with dedicated safety controllers, etc, so some things might have changed. If you could, just point me to some specific ISA or ANSI standards that I could reference. Thanks a bunch.

Russ

Russ, other than point you to ISA's listings for Standards, I can't help because those evaluations are outside my experience.

http://www.isa.org/Template.cfm?Sec...stomsource/isa/Standards/StandardsListing.cfm

Select "Process System Safety":

esspdc.jpg

scroll down to see all the listings. Partial listings only, below. An $85 membership buys a lot of free downloads:
2j1wq3t.jpg