DH+/RIO comms with Panelview 1000c

Protiusmime

Panelview Cat: 2711-T10C8x
Contrologix rack using DH+/RIO card.

Problem is: Panelview 1000c does not show up in RXLinx classic. Error code 208 on screen. Comms configuration on PV is node 2 (default), 57600 baud (default). Terminal port is set to up/download (not printer). I am using a notebook with PCMK DH+/RIO card B and it sees backplane and RIO card, etc.

For a test, I have mapped a couple of integer files to aliases in the controller that is in the rack. Simple integer entry keypad on the PV. Get the Error 208 on screen.

Again, the PV does not show up in RSLinx.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Is the PanelView connected to Channel A or Channel B of the 1756-DHRIO ? You can natively browse Channel A when you are connected with a 1784-PCMK to the 1756-DHRIO, but you must configure a routing table to be able to access Channel B.

What does the COMMS LED on the PV terminal do ? Try switching the blue and clear wires on the DH+ plug.

Check the date code on the PV terminal; there was a batch in June/July 2006 with a backwards capacitor on the DH+ daughtercard that need to be remanufactured. The X on your part number indicates this terminal has already been remanufactured at least once.

Check the Default Slot # for the 1756-DHRIO DH+ channel to which the PV is connected. The default is for the ControlLogix to be in Slot 0, but this setting may have been changed.

Hi, Ken. Thanks for your reply. Update: I now have the PV visible in RSLinx and am able to download my PB32 file to it. Comms are now working fine. I had a node number issue.. now solved.

However, I am still having problem getting data to/from the PV. It is connected on Channel A of the RIO in slot 1 of my rack. Since I am trying to take data from a CTX 5563 (v16) controller, I know that the data (tag)that I need must be mapped. I believe I have correctly created the map (e.g. CTX tag named say Valve_Two which is a Real data tag, mapped as "20" in my map table. Controller type is set properly, etc.
Problem: Only asterisks show on the PV, and if I try to do any keypad entry on the PV, I then get the access problem error 208. I have even tried a simple BOOL to show true/false and same problem. It must be an addressing (mapping) issue.?? What you think? Thanks in advance.

Ken:
Update. Thanks for your info. It was the DH+/RIO adapter config. The processor is located in slot 5. RIO is in slot 1. All working just fine. Mapping was all okay. Thanks again.