WinCC scripts activation?!!

Tarek_Ashraf

hi, im a student and in my project im using wincc flexible 2005...i have a problem in activating the scripts in wincc and make them work properly...attached the scripts i have written and some screens from my wincc project and the error that appears in the script debugger in runtime...these scripts are supposed to read instantaneous voltage and current from an induction m/c through a PLC and calculate the rms and max. values then the phase shift....so could anyone please help me find whats wrong with my project?? waiting for a reply and thanks in advance....

start screen.jpg tags.jpg For Post.jpg

Attachments

• SCRIPTS.doc
    49.5 KB · Views: 38
thats to record an array of instantaneous voltages lets say an array of 10 values and from this array i can calculate the RMS value....and also from this record i can compare between the instantaneous readings to know which value is the maximum one using SQL....

The error message in the forpost.jpg picture tells you that the DNS is missing.
You have to setup a DNS with the name from the script. In the scripts there are two connections to MSDASQL with the DNS names "voltage" and "currnt".

If you are new to ODBC, then you should study how to setup this first.

thank you very much jesper....i think i must read something about ODBC..but you put me on the right way to start...:D....if you think you can tell me anything that would be helpful to me....i'd be very thankful...

If you google for "ODBC forum" or "ODBC tutorial" or "learning ODBC" you will get a lot of helpful links.
This one is a brief example on how to setup a DNS:
http://www.chrishardy.co.uk/asp/tutorials/odbc-dsn.asp
Notice, there must also be an active SQL server of some kind somewhere.
Depending on the type, you must select the matching ODBC driver in the DNS configuration.