ESA VT555W terminal

kuttiess

hai everybody,
i am having ESA VT555W terminal and VT-WIN software. using that software is it possible to upload programe from terminal to my pc ? because i want to edit some text in that terminal.
i look around the software but i cant see any option to upload,only that there is download from pc to terminal option.

if anybody know how to upload please help me
thanks.

Esa vt555w

The ESA software uses a compile format when downloading to the screen so a upload is not a option. You will have to get hold of the original project to make any changes.

thanks for your reply Hooey.
so,without original project its not possible to edit the fields inside the project,its right? ok.
then one more doubt,one of the italy technician give me a project which contain a setup,and lot of unknown format files, and he told me if any problem in future you just connect pc and esa and execute the set up for downloading.
that one is the original?
if so,when i try to open the files in the project by vtwin, it will not open.
is there is any other way to go through the project, if you know guide me

attachment

hi hooey,
thanks for ur immediate reply.i attached the files as 2 parts.i can't able to attach the file without split.bcos the file size is 432KB.so i split into 2 parts as console part 1 & console part 2 and i zip the files.then i attached here.but technician gave me as one file.
so iam waiting for ur reply...

Kuttiess I have had a look a the files and it looks like a canned setup to restore the application from within the dos application. To make any changes to the installed VT555 you will require the original project file from the OEM and the ESA software and a ESA programming cable.

thanks for your contribution hooey and bardes,

finally i was prepared my own project as same as the original project with modified texts and tested with the terminal( before that i was traced the device memory areas and the variable with the help of electrical drawing and cxprogramer,device is omron plc.In my project i was used the same memory areas at the same location)
everything is fine and the result also ok
but the problem is,
in old project,that there is a option to save all the parametres which are used for one batch of production as one file in a terminal. because if we start another batch of production we adjusted the parameters and save it as another file in the terminal.In case we need to start the old batch the operator just recall the previous programe and start the machine shortly.
but in my new project i dont know how to create a link to save the parametres.(in the project im using exactly 47 variable fields which are directly affect the memory areas,timer values and the counter values in plc.
i was go around the sample program which all in esa site are not having exactly what i need.
can you guide me to develop a project with saving option inside the terminal

The technical term for the file is 'recipie'. Try and look up 'Recipies' in the VTWIN help file, i know that VT Win does support them.

Send me a private message, i might be able to help ypu. I live and work in dubai, which part of uae do you work in?

hi every body
i have a problem with download program on touch screen VT555W via VTWIN Softwear ,can any body help me by written to me the steps of procedure download progarm on touch screen VT555W via VTWIIN softwear .
best regards
sherif