Data Link Tables?

Soggy Canuck

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does anyone know how to pull existing DataLink tables from Omron CQM1H PLC's? I have CX-One Ver. 3.05, including CX-Programer Ver. 8.01. The PLC's are CPU51's, with CLK21 modules.

You want to know what memory areas are allocated to the datalinks in each PLC?
How many PLC's?

Have you got the Omron controller-link manuals, these can be quite helpful.

I assuming that you are trying to determine how an existing network is setup, and the code is not documented very well?

I have a site with 2xCPU51's using CLK21. I will see if I can dig up the info and let you know the setup areas.

The code is not documented at all, there are no schematics available on an Easter Sunday and a CLK unit has faulted. I am fairly certain that if I can talk to the good unit and pull the Datalink tables from it I can sort out what the tables should be for the second PLC. The site has spare CLK modules, but they are unconfigured. The manufacturer of the equipment has of course gone out of business:eek:.

I am not sure about CQM1H PLCs as I only use CJ1 up. I would assume you would be able to connect to the good PLC and extract the data with CX-Integrator.

The manual you need is W309-E1-10.

This is something that I found that may be useful?

CONTROLLER LINK SETUP PARAMETERS
The Controller Link setup parameters cannot be written to by the PLC program, the values need to be
manually set. There are 10 words, starting at DM6400 that contain the setup parameters for the Datalinks
over the controller link network. The values, THAT SHOULD NOT BE CHANGED WITHOUT KNOWLEDGE ON
WHAT ONE IS CHANGING, are

DM6400 = #10 Datalink mode setting
DM6401 = #0 Area 1 datalink start word ( not used in this application )
DM6402 = #0 Area 1 type
DM6403 = #0 Number of area 1 words
DM6404 = #5000 Area 2 datalink start word
DM6405 = #8200 Area 2 dataype DM Area = 82
DM6406 = #200 Number of words for Area 2
DM6407 = #0 First datalink status word. 0 = IR 91-93 used
DM6408 = #3 Nodes to participate in the datalink = 1, 2
DM6409 = #0

These areas were set in the master node on the network, do you know what node is the master? If you need anymore help come back and will see what we can do.

Last edited:
CX Integrator does not support the CQM1H, however the CX-Net Network Configuration Tool does. This was the predecessor to CX Integrator, and is still installed with CX One.
Launch this app from Start/Program Files/Omron/CX One/CX Programmer/CX-Net Network Configuration Tool.

Check the M/A LED on the CLK card. This indicates Manual(M) or Automatic(A). M (LED On) = setup with software, A (LED off) = setup in the DM area as shown by ScottMurphy.
If this is a 2 CLK card network, and 1 is down, then no datalink will be active. In this case, the M/A LED will be off, because there is no active Datalink.