Programmers/Integrators referral webpage

geniusintraining

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I am considering starting up a programmers/integrators referral webpage or website.

About once or twice a week I get enquires from customers that need technical help, they are willing to pay for this help (99.9%) but just don’t know where to turn.

Most of these are from the US but I am sure I would get several all over the world if I started advertising...

I do not want anything in return other then pay back, if you get a customer(s) referred to you from me or my site please return the favor and recommend my products if someone is looking for them.

What I would do is a simple webpage, this would be broke down by country then state (or equivalent) and then have just a few words of what you work on or can work on and then your contact info along with a link to your website (if you have one)

I think networking is a great way for all of us to get a little more work and we could also share with others if you have more then you can handle or just a job that you would rather not do.

Would anyone be interested?

One category might be whether small field service jobs are of interest.

case-in-point:
We were stuck servicing a flow meter at an out-of-state plant. We needed a guy (relatively) local to the out-of-state plant who could go in, change an AO board in a flow meter, then check polarity of the 24Vdc supply to connect the loop wiring up, and reconfigure the range on a recorder. We were willing to assist whomever phone, but needed a pair of feet on the ground who was instrument savvy enough to not use a bigger hammer.

Knowing whether service is of interest to listers would be of interest to me. We don't sit on invoices, we pay on time.

Dan

I'm assuming that this would be a reference for the public and not just between us. It would be helpful if there was a way to sort through the info by type of service offered or industry covered.

Is there liability when doing referrals for service?

Disclaimers??

I thought about the liability side... I think (hope) I would be OK with putting disclaimers on the top of the page...

I used a company before (for my home) call Service Magic, you can get a contractor for just about any service you need (not programming :) ) but they (the contractor) paid them to be on the list of companies, I would not charge either side and only offer a service such as yellow pages of integrators?

I'm assuming that this would be a reference for the public and not just between us. It would be helpful if there was a way to sort through the info by type of service offered or industry covered.

Yes I would try and break them down (some what) most of the public has no idea about someone that specializes in motion and others that work on data... they just think a program is a program so I would want to keep as simple as possible.

If its to hard to decipher they will not use it and move on.

So its nothing special... but take a look http://www.plctrainer.net/Contacts.htm

If you want anything added let me know, just send me an email to [email protected]

I think what we should list... broken down by location
Phone number
Contact Name
Specialty
Website
Email

If it works and someone starts to generate business (hope all of us), I will start to advertising on Google, Yahoo, etc then we will start to get more hits and get more business

I would be happy to sign up. Full integration of custom vision inspection. Full turn key of custom cnc autoloaders. Full electrical concept,design,programming,build,setup and service. Located in rockford,il.

If you want to be listed on the page, send me a PM or email [email protected]

I will need...
Company Name:_____________
Contact Name and phone number:____________
Web Site:_______________
Email: _______________
Located in:_____________ Travel to:_____________
What type of work you do:________________________

I have had two OEM's show interest yesterday... they are looking for US support for their machines, they do not have enough work for a full time tech and they would rather not spend the money (nor their customers) on travel from where they are located, I am sure that there are a few companies in the US that would like to do the same.

I will start advertising with Google and Yahoo next week